The votes are in, and the winner of Access Group's "My Inspiration" scholarship contest for law students is none other than Branigan Robertson, a fellow 1L of mine at the Chapman University School of Law.
For his funny and honest video of why he was inspired to go to law school - justice, cute baby seals, and all that jazz - Robertson gets a $10,000 scholarship to use for school expenses. Score! He also got a Starbucks card after his video was shown at the Chapman Law 1L orientation. Double score!
That should make a dent in the $32,950 for a full year's tuition at the private university.
To be honest, Branigan wasn't my first choice, but he was high up on my list of favorites in the top 10 videos submitted to the competition. In full disclosure, I had no idea what schools the contestants attended before I ranked the videos.
Contestants who received honorable mentions and a $1,500 scholarship are:
- John Grimm of the Georgetown University Law Center - Honorable Mention for Quality
- Ted Cardos of the New York University School of Law - Honorable Mention for Humor
- Anna Grace of Northeastern Law School - Honorable Mention for Realism
- Ana De Frates of the South Texas College of Law - Honorable Mention for Creativity
- Joseph Duerst of the Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law - Honorable Mention for Appeal
Congratulations to all the winners! Take a look at their videos here.