After yesterday's layoff bloodbath (in case you didn't hear, 800 lawyers lost their jobs yesterday - covered extensively here, free reg. req.), I thought it might be nice to not talk about job security/biglaw/everyone's tanking futures at all. Your roundup for today:
- New Dean Chosen for Local Law School (OC Register - that local law school is Whittier)
- Online Law Research - Pros and Cons (Law Librarian Blog)
- Law School Defends Obama Poster Artist (Stanford News Service)
- Wow Again! (Nuts & Boalts - Berkeley Law receives record number of applicants, current students express relief at their good timing)
- What Would It Mean to Be the #1 Law School for Ethics? (PrawfsBlawg)
And from Overheard in New York:
"Guy: I can't decide which song to listen to. (girls around him look at him quizzically) No, I normally listen to Van Halen's Right Now before a test, but this is my first exam in law school, and I want to set a precedent.
- Fordham Law School Cafeteria, Lincoln Center"
And don't forget: we're hiring!